CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 8, 2010

Wal-Mart Savings 2/7

 

Still trying to relearn the stores here and it's taking some time.  Discovering that with living in a small town there isn't a lot of competition and prices are higher on some things.  The good thing is money I save at Walgreens and Aldi can allow the higer prices on meat and of course taxes since I now pay those on food again.  Stew meat was a little higher than I normally pay on meat but I was in the mood for stew so I splurged.  So far I have only spent $50 this month and my old budget before the move was $120 on food so we will see if I can make it.  Need to make a run to Aldi tomorrow for some staples and of course I found a store that sells nothing but chicken at lower prices than other stores that I am going to check out tomorrow since I am need of chicken.  Some of the items I got at Wal-Mart were not normal purchases since they were for the Super Bowl party I had.


Transaction
3lbs Yellow Onions $1.78 ($0.59lb)
2lbs Bananas $1.78 ($0.49lb)
2 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Quarters $3.68 ($1.84 each)
1 Rotel $0.88
1 Pace Salsa $2.34
1 Progresso Bread Crumbs $1.78
1 Jar Active Yeast $3.92
1 Yellow Cornmeal $2.08
1 Mission Chips $1.65
1 Velvetta 2lb $4.39
5lbs Ground Beef $8.98 ($1.79lb)
1.5lbs Stew Meat $4.19

Total with Taxes: $38.56

0 comments: